Sandals Grande Riviera Review
For my Honeymoon, I wanted to go to paradise, (I mean who doesn’t right?) so I did my research and decided on the Sandals Grande Riviera in Jamaica. It was the perfect choice! I had never seen the ocean before, so to see the ocean in Jamaica was truly amazing. The property is beautiful, the people are friendly, and the alcohol is flowing! So I’m going to share with you some of my favorite parts of the Sandals Grande Riviera and why it is the perfect honeymoon destination.
Here were my favorite parts of the Sandals Grande Riviera Resort:
1. The Room- The rooms at the Sandals Grande Riviera are really nice! There are 2 sides to the resort, the Manor side, and the beach side. The Manor side (where we stayed) was very quiet and relaxing, and had views of the Jamaican countryside, while the Beach side was where the party was, with views of the beach. What was great about staying on the Manor side of the resort was that during the day we could relax and enjoy the pool, and then take a shuttle to the beach side of the resort and party all night!
2. The Food! The food at the Sandals Grande Riviera was amazing! Everything was local, and you could taste the difference. The resort has 14 different restaurants to choose from with menus ranging from local cuisine, sushi, snack food, mexican, chinese and more! They had something for everyone, and the best part? It’s ALL included in your package fee. That’s right, once you enter the resort food,alcohol, and resort activities are all inclusive. I loved not having to worry about how much dinner was going to cost, or having to keep a bar tab. They also love to throw in little surprises, like the photo above which is chocolate dipped local fruit that was waiting for us in our room when we checked in.
3. The Fun! They really know how to party at the Sandals Grande Riviera and had something going on every night of our stay! They have land sports, water sports, dancing, game shows, and parades! Pictured above was the Jamaican Jamboree which was an all night celebration that included a parade, dance lessons, a snake charmer, a huge buffet and party. It was a lot of fun, and you could tell the staff was having a great time putting it on for everyone.
4. The beauty! The whole country of Jamaica is absolutely breathtaking. From the moment you step off the plane you are surrounded by beauty. Sandals Grande Riviera has a bus that picks you up strait from the airport to take you to the resort, and they take the scenic route so you can take the time to really enjoy your surroundings.
5. The Offsite Tours. We chose to take a tour to the Bob Marley Mausoleum while in Jamaica. For me and my husband this was the best part of our entire trip. While it is not included in your resort fee, I think it is an absolute must see. You are taken by locals on a trip to Mt.Zion to see where Bob lived, and lays to rest now. You go through some of the towns in Ocho Rios and you can really see how everyone there lives. (and you get to ride while blasting some awesome music and sipping on Rum Punch!) All you have to do to sign up is go to the front desk and choose your tour (they had many to chose from if Bob isn’t your thing)
Those are our top 5 things we loved about the Sandals Grande Riviera!
Here are some more things you should check out while at the Sandals Grande Riviera:
The Spa! They have a wonderful spa, and make sure to check out current specials because with some packages they offer a $200 spa credit!
The Newlywed Game. The is something that is done weekly, and is a fun game you can participate in (or watch) and win prizes like spa credits, or rum!
Red Stripe Beer. The local beer of Jamaica is a must try!
The Swim Up Bar. This is SO fun, you swim right up to the bar and order a drink!
So next time you are planning a romantic getaway, I highly recommend you check out the Sandals Grande Riviera!