Create Quick and Easy Lunches while Campfire Cooking – Hobo Pies Recipe
Kids are always hungry and they don’t know care that while camping moms do not have access to quick cook foods or a microwave. Yet some how the thought of feeding them only junk food for your camping trip is appealing for convenience but it is not the best option for long term health habits. You can create a quick lunch that they will love and you will feel content to serve them with this great recipe.
Campfire Cooking Recipe-Hobo Pies
- 1 loaf of Bread Pam
- Pam or Cooking Spray
- 1 can/jar Spaghetti Sauce
- 1 package of Pepperoni
- 2 cups of Shredded Cheese
- Spray one side of bread with cooking spray.
- Place sprayed side down onto one side of Hobo Pie Maker
- Top with Tbsp of Sauce, Shredded Cheese, Pepperoni and other ingredients.
- Top with second slice of bread and spray with cooking spray.
- Put the pieces of Hobo Pie Maker together and place in fire pit.
- Cooking time will vary based on the heat of the fire but take approximately 5 -7 minutes.
I recommend not leaving them unattended because cooking too long will result in them burning. While my son was willing to sit and watch them my daughter chose to relax and chill out instead.
If you want to continue your Campfire Cooking try these other Hobo Pie Fillings
Make Sweet Desserts with Cream Cheese and Cherry Pie Filling
Tasty Snacks are a treat with some American Cheese Slices and Ham
Check out our other Campfire Cooking Recipe for Daddy’s Potatoes
Do you have a camping recipe you want to share? Submit your recipe and you may be featured in an upcoming post
Email email@example.com with the Topic: Campfire Cooking