Disclosure: Many thanks to Royal Caribbean for making this cruise possible. The pleasure was all mine.
I recently embarked on a cruise on the Majesty of the Sea. I know you aren’t going to believe this but my husband had never been on a cruise. He was a naval officer so we never planned a trip on a ship because I didn’t think it would be something he would enjoy. The truth is I was wrong. He absolutely loved the Majesty of the Sea. I loved the time we spent together. I loved not having to worry about anything.
The service on The Majesty of the Sea was second to none and the price for the cruise was very affordable. I was amazed at how much we didn’t spend. We chose to not drink on the cruise. I know most people do so. We did find that we could have brought two bottles of wine onboard that may be subjected to a corking fee. The trip was relaxing enough for us and we didn’t feel the need to add alcohol. We did have a great time on our first trip and we put together a list of tips for other people who have never cruised.
Cruise tips from our experience on the Majesty of the Sea
- You will usually need a passport. You will always need a photo ID and a birth certificate if you do not have a passport.
- Go online and register prior to your cruise to check in
- Print out your luggage tags but we would suggest packing two smaller bags and bringing them your self
- We found that we got on the boat and had to wait on our swim suits.
- Bring a dressy outfit for dinner at night that mean NO jeans
- Tips were included but make sure to tip for great service
- You can book your air fair using Choice air 11 months in advance if the price goes down you get a refund and they make sure you get to your cruise ship
- Get a room with a window or you will not have any concept of time and will sleep through things
- Wear sunscreen all the time we suggest Reef Safe Sunscreen
- Be prepared to not use your phone or smart device
- You can buy the wifi plan but I would suggest connecting with the people you are cruising with instead
- You can pick up wifi at any McDonalds when you pull into port
- Go on the chef tour it was worth it
- Book excursions when you get into port so you do not have to worry about being over scheduled
- Go to the sit down dinners, the food is better
- Order what you like at the sit down dinner I ordered two appetizers and two desserts nightly
- Let the cruise line know if you have dietary concerns prior to boarding or as soon as you get there
- If you want to sit alone at dinner talk to the staff immediately upon arrival
- Make all spa appointments as soon as you arrive
- Look at the schedule and plan just one thing a day you want to do
The Majesty of the Sea really offered something for everyone. There were shows, bingo, contests, child care, and great food. I especially enjoyed sitting by the pool and just enjoying the time I had to relax with my husband. I can say that I would take this ship again and again. It was clean, well run, well staffed, affordable, and customer focused. I enjoyed the ports. We felt relaxed and loved not having to do anything. We found the other passengers to be equally gracious and fun to connect with. I would book another cruise in a heart beat because it was truly a great way for us to watch our spending and enjoy a great vacation. I can’t think of a better way to spend five days on vacation.