Family Fun is the Focus of the 2014 Season at Cedar Point
Cedar Point, the “Best Amusement Park in the World,” opened its gates for the 2014 season on Saturday, May 10. The park has a wide variety of new rides, shows and attractions all designed to help guests have their best day of the summer. Before you start to think that you have done everything there is to offer you will want to check out this list of the Top 8 NEW things to see and do at Cedar Point this summer.
Top 8 New Things to do at Cedar Point
- Pipe Scream
- Billed as “combining the best of a roller coaster and a flat ride in one,” Pipe Scream will spin riders along 302 feet of track, reaching a maximum height of 43 feet and at speeds topping 40 mph!
- Lake Erie Eagles
- Guests on Lake Erie Eagles will sit in one of eight ride carriages that are suspended from arms located more than 28 feet above the ground. As the ride begins its cycle, the carriages will swing outward simulating the sensation of flight. A paddle on the carriages will allow guests to alter their flight experience from mild to wild!
- Chickie’s and Pete’s
- Known for their legendary Crabfries, this popular restaurant will also feature signature Philly Cheese Steaks and Lisa’s Blonde Lobster Pie. Chickie’s and Pete’s was recently named as one of the “Ten Best Sports Bars” in the country by USA Today.
- Early-risers will delight in the addition of a full-service Starbucks (in the former Donut Time). From fresh baked goods to your favorite coffee drinks, the baristas at Cedar Point’s Starbucks are here to help you get your day off on the right foot.
- Camp Snoopy Enhancements
- Camp Snoopy is celebrating its 15th anniversary at Cedar Point this summer with the addition of two relocated kid-favorite rides – Woodstock’s Airmail (formerly Frog Hopper) and Wilderness Run (formerly Jr. Gemini).
- Lighthouse Point Cabins
- 52 new deluxe cabins will be added to Lighthouse Point this summer. These new overnight options can accommodate up to 10 people and will feature two full bathrooms, four flat panel televisions, a dorm-size refrigerator, microwave, coffeemaker, outdoor charcoal grill and picnic table. (Reservations for the new cabins can be made immediately and room nights will be available beginningMay 23.)
- Luminosity: Ignite the Night – 2014 Edition
- This high-energy show promises to be better than ever in 2014 with an all-new lineup of music, dancing and a dazzling display of pyrotechnics! “Luminosity,” amplified by North Coast Container and fueled by Marathon is performed nightly (except Tuesdays), May 30 – August 17.
- Later this summer, Cedar Point will take screaming to new heights when it opens its new SlingShot ride. Riders on SlingShot will be secured in an open-air two-person capsule before being launched nearly 360 feet into the sky at speeds of up to 62 mph! SlingShot will be located near the Gemini roller coaster and will be an extra charge amusement ride.
In addition to the great new attractions above, Cedar Point will feature a variety of new food options this summer. These food options are exciting and will have your taste buds watering. You will be able to enjoy Auntie Anne’s and Cinnabon in Challenge Park and indulge at Coca-Cola Freestyle and Yogurt Plus locations along the Gemini Midway. There will be several new live shows debuting this summer, including “Rockin’ Country” in the Red Garter Saloon, “Lusty Lil’s Revue” in the Palace Theatre and “Snoopy Unleashed” in the Good Time Theatre.
All of these great new additions, along with the rest of Cedar Point’s record-breaking collection of 150 rides, shows and attractions await guests this summer. I can’t wait to get out and enjoy all the fun and you can now too.
For a complete operating schedule, visit cedarpoint.com.