Snack Ideas to Keep Everyone Happy
Traveling with children can sometimes be a challenge. Often times children become cranky and begin to fidget around when in the car for a long period of time. One thing that we try to do while traveling with our children is to make sure that everyone is comfortable. It’s important that we don’t have to make any unneeded stops. We do this by being prepared and having everything at hand, and that includes snacks. Not only does snacking keep your little ones from feeling hungry and grumpy, but it also gives them something to do. Making fun snacks can turn those little frowns upside down and keep little ones happy during a long trip.
Snack Ideas for Traveling with Kids Include:
- Granola Bars are full of protein and can really fill a little belly up, but they look like a yummy candy bar and are fun to eat too!
- Snack Crackers like Gold Fish, Teddy Grahams, Graham Cracker Sticks and Cheese-Its are always crowd pleases for little tikes. Make it fun and have little ones count the crackers as they eat them. (Catching fish could be a fun game to play on a long ride).
- Bananas, Apples, Grapes, Raisins and Carrots are a great healthy snack that will not leave a mess all over your vehicle!
- Trail Mix- For older children you can throw nuts, sunflower seeds, pretzels, M&Ms and raisins together, but for younger ones you could use dry cereal (such as Chex Mix & Cheerios), raisins, M&Ms, pretzels and mini marshmallows. This is a yummy sweet treat that children really enjoy.
- Popcorn puffs or rice cakes can be a delicious healthy snack that for all ages, even little ones can chew on these!
- String Cheese can be fun with crackers or by itself.
- Fruit Snacks are fun and delicious!
- It can be beneficial to bring along a small cooler for drinks, yogurt and any other cold products you might like.
Traveling with children doesn’t have to be a chore. Being prepared and having everything at hand can really help make your vacation one to remember, rather than one you dread. We hope you enjoy our snack ideas for your kids!