Oy! I just booked a week worth of skiing! Three different resorts jam packed into one awesome week of skiing! Now it is time to start packing. Our trip is about 2 weeks away but I like to get started early. I created a list of essentials to pack for any ski trip to make this overwhelming task a bit easier.
Gear (unless you plan on renting equipment)
- ski boots
- ski mask
- tools for adjusting equipment
Items for skiing
- long underwear, a layer of warmth
- long sleeve warm shirt
- extra layers of clothing
- ski pants
- 2 pair of gloves
- neck wrap
- face mask
- hand and foot warmers – one set for each day
- Vaseline or Eucerin to prevent chapped faces
- walkie talkies
- snow boots
These are all the items needed specifically for our time on the slopes. It is so important to make sure we have everything we need to make our skiing enjoyable for everyone in the family.
I created a printable version of our ski trip packing list so I can check off all the items. You can print it out for your packing needs as well.
Other tips for family ski trips:
- Take lots of breaks. I know it is hard when all you want to do is ski but the little ones will do much better if they can get off the slopes frequently. They need to rest their legs and warm up. Taking frequent breaks will mean that your time on the slopes will be more pleasant and a lot more fun.
- Make sure everyone stays well hydrated. It is cold but you are still exerting loads of energy and need to make sure you drink plenty of water.
- Stay together. Conditions can change quickly and accidents can happen just as fast. It is important that you always follow the buddy system when skiing. My older son always wants to ski ahead and it is tempting to lwet him go, he is a great skiier, but we always refuse. If I can see far enough ahead down the slope I will give him a stop point and let him go a short bit but that is all.
Don’t forget to print out the checklist to make your packing easier!