Celebrate Halloween at Disneyland
Disneyland is full of magic and adventure everyday, but did you know the park is transformed for Halloween? Here are some of the changes the Disneyland Park in California makes each year.
1. Mickey’s Halloween Party: On select dates in September and October the park closes early for select guest for a Halloween party. A limited number of tickets are sold for each night, it is still pretty busy, but since people are waiting in line for candy, pictures with characters and rides, most of the lines are pretty short. The line for Haunted Mansion was the only line I saw with a wait time of more than 10 minutes. When you get in line for treat trails there are 3-5 booths to offer you sweets and treats. There are also two parades and a special Halloween fireworks display.
2. The Haunted Mansion is transformed to the Nightmare Before Christmas. Disney does a great job with keeping the old nostalgia of the Haunted Mansion while adding in the characters and music into this “new” ride. The change stays through the Christmas Season.
3. Cinderella’s Castel is lite up with spooky colors and images. It is also center-stage for the fireworks display.
4. Space Mountain is given a spooky redo. I personally have not had a chance to ride this new version, but my friend said it is a great ride, with minor changes to make a twist on an already fun ride. The Small World ride is also given a spooky new design inside and out.
5. The Park is decked out with pumpkins, ghosts and other cool decorations. The main square on Main Street has a giant Mickey Pumpkin, great for pictures. There are also Mickey ghosts through out the park.
Disneyland sure knows how to make the park come alive for Halloween.