Are you looking for ideas on how to save on your next vacation? No matter what type of trip you’re planning on taking, there are a number of things you can do to save money. Here are six easy ways to make your vacation more affordable.
6 Easy Ways to Save When You Book Your Next Vacation
1. Avoid overspending on car rentals. Instead of settling for the first car rental price you book, be sure to watch out for discounts. If you don’t have the time, AutoSlash can hunt down discounts after you’ve booked and automatically re-book your car rental at no charge.
2. Download “kids eat free” mobile apps. There are several mobile apps that will tell you which restaurants around you offer “kids eat free” deals and on which nights. The mobile apps often have GPS to help you find a restaurant just around the corner. Try Kids Meal Deals and Out to Eat with Kids.
3. Don’t pay for plane tickets if you don’t have to. If your credit cards offer airline rewards such as frequent flyer miles, use them to your advantage. To create a customized plan that will let you make the most of your airline rewards programs to make your flight free, look to a site like RewardExpert.
4. Book a vacation rental. While there are lots of sites to help you find great deals on hotel rooms, a vacation rental can often prove less expensive, especially if you have a big family. You’ll also save by not eating out every single day and will cherish all the extra space. Try FlipKey or HomeAway.
5. Take advantage of gas discounts. If you’re taking a road trip, you’re probably looking for ways to save on gas. You may want to check out Fuel Rewards, which gives you cash back that you can use at any Shell gas station. You can earn gas rewards by shopping online, eating out, and more. Also, GasBuddy will help you find the cheapest gas near you.
6. Make the most of your AAA membership. Did you know that being a member of AAA can get you discounts at hotels, restaurants, and other businesses? Even Disney offers discounts to AAA members. If you’re a AAA member, take advantage of discounts wherever you can.
These are just six of the things you can do to make your next vacation more affordable. Whether you’re planning a trip far away from home or a weekend getaway to the nearest beach, these tips will help you save money!
Erin Gifford is a mother of four who looks up and down for ways to save money on travel for her big family. She has a family travel blog, Kidventurous, which was recently selected as a top family travel resource by Parents magazine.