Ocean Maya Royale Cancun
My husband and I had the wonderful pleasure to spend a whole week at this amazing resort! Ocean Maya Royale was its name and it’s located on the beautiful Caribbean coast of the Yucatan peninsula, in the Rivera Maya. I wanted to share with you some of its amazing features. Before I do that I want to mention I’ve been to three all-inclusive resorts my whole married life, and with this being a five-star it was very hard to compare to the other two resorts(which were 4 and 5 stars also), there were many positives about it and beauty was one of them!
Our Ocean Maya Deluxe Room
We got the deluxe room, which is the lesser priced of all the rooms. Just because it was the cheapest room doesn’t mean it’s by any means less comfortable or less desirable. We really enjoyed staying there for a week. The bed is a king sized bed, and comfortable. The one thing I recommend is to bring your own pillows as theirs are very lumpy. After a week that was the only thing I found annoying.
Free WiFi is available in the rooms as well, a balcony with a beautiful view, and a fridge stocked with beer, water, and soda ALMOST everyday. I say “ALMOST everyday” not because it bothered us, but to let you know what to expect. We were okay with this because we were not in the room a whole lot, as we were by the pool or lobby a lot and there’s free beverages of all sorts everywhere you go.
Ocean Maya Royale Grounds
The grounds were stunning, and the workers were busy every day keeping them up and beautiful. The quiet serenity as we walked to the restaurants, the pools or the beaches is the thing I miss the most. It’s a place of uncommon beauty and exploring at our own leisure was truly enjoyable.
Two Swimming Pools
The pools were our favorite feature as we were there everyday. Two swimming pools, one party pool with a swim-up bar, and the other is the more relaxing pool. Each day they have activities you can choose to partake in like water aerobics, volleyball, sushi roll classes and so much more!
You could seriously hang out by the pool all day and not be bored. If you wanted a moment away from the pool they have 2 small beaches along with umbrellas, chairs you could lounge in and the breeze from the ocean made this even more relaxing.
This wasn’t a huge feature of the resort but I thought I’d mention it. It was nice to take pictures on and a night stroll before dinner, but other than that, the pictures on their site make it way more beautiful than it really was in person.
Heres a few more accommodations this All-Inclusive Resort has to offer:
- Deluxe Room accommodations with 1 King or 2 Queen size beds
- Rooms with furnished balcony
- All meals included every day (Buffet Breakfast, Buffet Lunch, Buffet or A la Carte Dinner)
- 4 Restaurants including Buffets and A la carte specialty
- 3 Bars
- Unlimited Beverages Including Alcoholic and Non-Alcoholic at any of the Resort Bars
- 32-inch LCD Satellite TV
- Air conditioning with in-room climate control and Safety deposit box
- Iron and ironing board
- Mini-bar refreshed daily with soft drinks, bottled water and beer
- Coffee/ tea maker
- Weekly Manager\’s cocktail reception
- Planned activities by resort entertainment staff throughout the day
- Two Swimming Pools
- Evening entertainment and theme nights
- Two Tennis courts (unlimited use daily) includes balls and rackets
- Non-motor water sports
- Introductory scuba lessons in pool
- Gym: free use of exercise equipment
- FREE Wi-Fi Internet access in Lobby
- Spa ($)
- All Gratuities Included
- FREE HONEYMOONERS ADDED VALUES: Free Upgrade to Ocean View Room subject to availability upon check-in, late check out on departure date (subject to availability), welcome honeymooners gift in the room upon arrival, 10% discount at DeSpacio by Etra Spa services, special daily turn down service, one candle light dinner for two including one free bottle of wine or sparkling wine (reservations required with guest services) and one free continental breakfast room service the first morning of the stay.
Overall we truly loved our experience at the Ocean Maya Royale! The food was so delicious and we found it to be much better than any of the other All-Inclusive resorts we’ve been to. The rooms were cozy and comfortable. The pools were truly amazing and the best part was the views and the grounds!
If you’re looking for a 4 or 5 star All-Inclusive Adult only Resort in Cancun I 100% recommend Ocean Maya Royale, it will not disappoint!
If you’re looking for more ideas for couple vacations, you might enjoy these: