Tips for Visiting Rockin’ Jump in Madison Wisconsin
Rain or shine, some days just call for an indoor play day. If you are in Madison, Wisconsin, you too can check out a great location for play. We were recently hosted by Rockin’ Jump for an afternoon of sponsored playtime. Check out our thoughts below!
Tips for Visiting Rockin’ Jump in Madison Wisconsin
Before you visit the Madison, Wisconsin Rockin’ Jump location, I want to share a few of our experiences and some tips to help you make it the best experience possible. Since we have children in the younger age range, I feel like we can give you a decent idea of how this location will work for your family unit. Check out our thoughts below, and learn more about our own experience.
What is Rockin’ Jump?
Rockin’ Jump is an indoor trampoline park. If you haven’t seen one of these before, it is a great place for children to safely play on trampolines and indoor jumping play. With plenty of options available, it gives parents a place in air conditioning to allow their kids to jump, flip, and play for hours on end.
What age group is Rockin’ Jump best for?
Rockin’ Jump is perfect for any age. Everyone from the 2-year-old to the adults had a great time! My husband and I jumped with the kids and had so much fun. It was nice to actually be able to participate with them and not have to sit back and just watch them play. There are plenty of activities to keep everyone busy. If bouncing with the bigger kids isn’t doable for your smaller kids, they did have an area closed off with nets specifically for kids 2 and and under. They also offer Rockin’ Tot’s Time every Tuesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday mornings. This Tot’s Time is only for children under 7 years old, with the run of the park. Parents are encouraged to accompany their kids but are expected to not be jumping, in an effort to ensure their park is as safe as possible for the young jumpers.
What activities are included in admission at Rockin’ Jump?
There are a wide variety of things that are included in your Rockin’ Jump admission. Admission is charged based on how long you want to jump. We jumped for 90 minutes and it was the perfect amount of time.
- Trampolines: There is a wide open area of trampolines to jump on. This area kept our 2-year-old content for most of the 90 minutes that we were there.
- Rock Climbing: For anyone over 45 pounds, there is a huge rock wall to climb. There is a staff member in the area to make sure that each person is secure in the safety harness the right way. This rock wall is equipped with all auto-belay lines, so kids can climb independently and float back down to the ground when they reach the top.
- Slack Line: It is like a tightrope but is made of seatbelt material. Anyone can give this a try as well. As long as you can walk you can try it!
- X-Beam: This area is a lot like jousting. Under the beam are a bunch of soft foam blocks to land on when you are knocked off by our opponent.
- Basketball: There is an area near the open trampolines where they have three basketball hoops set up with trampolines. Our older 2 had a lot of fun bouncing and trying to make it into the hoop.
What extras are available at Rockin’ Jump?
These extras are an additional price above your admission fee but, completely worth it. They definitely make the experience, even more, fun for the family if your budget allows.
- Sling Shot: For this attraction, they put the kids (or adults) in the safety harness and lift you up above a huge air bag and bring you back towards the ground for a bungee jumping type experience. Judging by the “this is awesome!!” our 7-year-old was yelling, I think this was her favorite part.
- Hamster Ball: My older 2 loved this one! These are giant inflatable balls that you can climb inside of and try to roll them all over. It’s a lot harder than it looks!
Cleanliness and Staff
This is a big one for me when I visit places. If a place is dirty, our stay doesn’t last long (if it happens at all). With Rockin’ Jump, the whole building was super clean. Even the restrooms smelled and looked super clean. I was blown away as soon as we entered the building because it wasn’t smelly like many other indoor play places. The owners told us this is part the result of their franchise mantra of “Safe.Clean.Fun.”. They Madison franchise owners are parents too and set out to ensure their park doesn’t smell like someone’s old shoe, like so many other facilities of this type.
In fact, when a child from a different group spilled some of their drink on the floor, the staff not only cleaned immediately but, even did so with a smile. It was amazing to see everyone there so happy to be at work and genuinely wanting all the guests to have a good time.
How much does it cost at Rockin’ Jump?
This can be a big concern when you are checking out a new place. Especially if you need to travel a bit to get there. Rockin’ Jump has what I would call normal admission fees. You can choose to jump for 60 minutes ($15 per jumper), 90 minutes ($18 per jumper) or, 120 minutes ($20 per jumper). I find these prices to be very reasonable for this type of place. They also offer a Frequent Jumper Card that provides 10 x 60-minutes of jump passes for $100 (a $50 savings).
Bonus Tips for your Rockin’ Jump Visit:
- Check out the Concession Stand: The kids were each able to get a snack and small drink for $5! They have good options for affordable prices.
- Bring your own socks: Don’t forget the safety grip socks you purchased during a previous visit, as they are required. If you do forget, you can grab a pair for $2.50 and they are yours to keep for any future visits.
- Use lockers on site for storage: A small fee that is partially refunded can grab you a locker during your visit to house your bags or belongings while you jump with your kids.
- Use charging stations for your phones. Want to grab pictures of your kids but your phone is dead? There are charging lockers you can use to plug your phone in and charge it.
- Sign the waiver before you arrive. Print the Rockin’ Jump waiver before you go or, you can fill it out online. It makes checking in at getting started so much easier!
- Book a jump time in advance: I also suggest that you Rockin’ Jump time (or buy your tickets) online before you go. This also makes checking in so much easier.
There are three Rockin’ Jump locations in the Minnesota/Wisconsin market. One in Madison, Wisconsin, one in Eagan, Minnesota (Twin Cities) that is within driving distance of our family and a third in Brown Deer, WI (North Milwaukee).
We were happy to be invited to visit the Madison, Wisconsin location, and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. We can’t say enough good things about this facility.
February 13, 2019 @ 5:53 am
This is a wonderful place and activity for you and your children. A great way to spend your time with your kids.