Fun, Free Activities for Kids to do in West Virginia
As a family we are always looking to take budget friendly family vacations. You will not believe all the fun free activities there is to do in West Virginia. Make sure you check out this great list of fun places to go and things to see. Your wallet will thank you and so will your family.
1. West Virginia Department of Culture and History operates 6 museums that are all free to the public. Check out the link to see all that these cool museums have to offer.
2. Huntington Museum of Art offers a free Saturday time from 1-3. It’s offered every Saturday and open to the public for kids from k-5th grade. They do a new arts and craft project every Saturday.
3. International Mother’s Day Shrine was started because the founders of Mother’s Day lived down the street. It’s a wonderful exhibit for moms everywhere.
4. Ritter Park is a fun free park for kids. They can zip line, dig for dinosaur bones, play at the playground, explore a castle and even watch a water show. So much to do you may need to pack a lunch and stay all day. If you are into geocaching there’s a geocache hidden here. That’s such fun for my family because we are into geocaching!
5. Hike the Appalachain Trails are always free and have beautiful scenery. Another great place you could pack a picnic lunch and spend a day with family enjoying the outdoors.
What fun things have you found to do in West Virginia? Let me know of any free activities for kids that your family had fun doing in a comment! I may just write a blog post around it!